Need to replace an old shed?
Want to avoid mini-storage fees?
Need a shed behind a fence?
We have a great solution...
We Build in Your Backyard
To solve your storage problems and also add value to your property, we can build a shed in your backyard.
We're a father and son team working to build great sheds for our neighbors.
Our focus is to efficiently make durable sheds on-site. This focus gives you the best shed at a good price.
What to Look For in a Shed
A good shed has these features:Weather proof PVC trim
- PVC trim will last much longer than pine and never needs painted.
- (Pine trim is the first thing to rot on a shed.)
- Look for ¾” treated plywood flooring.
- (Don’t buy a shed with OSB flooring - it can swell with moisture.)
- Some companies use 2x4s for joists. Be sure your shed has 2x6 treated floor joists to bear load and last.
- Install your shed on concrete blocks
- Ground contact will cause premature rot
- Solid walls have 2x4 studs.
- Cheap sheds use thin lumber spaced far apart
- Dual pane windows: Single pane are fine for a shed.
- Ridge beams: Trusses work well and cost less.
- Soffit: Again, unnecessary on most sheds.
There's More! Get our Shed Buyer's Checklist for a list of 28 items to look for when shopping for your shed.
- Our sheds come with a five year warranty*
- Easily schedule your shed build date online. There is no obligation or deposit required to book your shed installation.
- Flexible payment: PayPal, Venmo, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, cash or check
- Custom built means more options for you: your choice of window and door placement; you choose shingle color; we can paint to match your house (option), etc
- No Maintenance PVC Trim - never needs re-painting (pine trim is the first thing to rot)
- Heavy duty floors (treated plywood with 2x6 joists 16 OC on raised concrete blocks)
- Solid walls (2x4 studs)
- Aluminum drip edge that will never rust
- 30 year architectural shingles
- You don't need to stain/paint (price includes standard tan color)
- No extra sales tax. It's included - not added on afterwards
- No delivery fee (free onsite installation)
- Not over designed → lower material costs
- Owner operated → lower overhead costs
- Built onsite → no storage or delivery costs
* We'll Take Care of It
- Our 5 year warranty covers construction defects.
- Of course, it does not include damage from accidents, fire, misuse, trees, tree limbs, and does not include moving the shed after it is built.
- If there was something not done right, we'll come back to your house and fix it free (materials and labor).
What Customers Say
I needed a strong shed to store our bikes. Ben constructed a solid and attractive shed quickly and professionally. It was exactly and better than what I had hoped for, and all for a great price. I recommend him to anyone who needs a storage shed. ~ Evelyn
A happy homeowner ~ Royce near Utica, NY
I would highly recommend Utica Shed Pros! Ben and Aaron are very hardworking and meticulous in the work they did building my 8x12 shed. I could not be more pleased. I also hired them to demolish my old shed and they removed every bit of debris. A fantastic job, this is a very solid shed and no doubt will last for many years. You guys are great! I even ordered flower boxes and they said "no problem". Thank you again ~ Dawn in Rome, NY
Ben and Aaron did an awesome job with building our shed. I was having a difficult finding a prefabricated shed that I could get into my fenced in backyard so I was grateful that Utica Shed Pros build onsite, and I am glad I went with them! Now that my shed is up it is so much more solid and secure than some of the premade sheds and kits I had looked at. From the prebuild planning right thru to the completion of our shed Ben and Aaron were extremely clean, quiet, professional, quick, and efficient. It's been up for about a month now and still extremely happy! No surprises or shortcuts taken with their work! I highly recommend! ~ Dale in Utica, NY